Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hello From Nashville!

We are on our second day here in Music City USA. We arrived in Nashville yesterday afternoon. Saturday was fairly low key aside from getting registered and checked into the hotel. It is nice to not have to dive in full force on the first day, because things soon get crazy. Becky is here with me and today was spent mingling with a lot of the artists.

I should point out that in the radio business, you don't get so easily 'star struck' around all these artists. For me, however, there are a small few. Any time I meet any of the guys from DC Talk, I get nervous. They are legends to me, and meeting Toby Mac (which I did today) made me like a giddy little kid. I'm sure it will be the same for tomorrow when we meet Kevin Max.

This evening we went to a few showcases. It started off with a GMA favorite, Sunday night worship. Michael W Smith traditionally leads it, and this year was joined by Mandisa and Israel (Israel and New Breed). It is always an amazing worship experience. After that, we went to a hip hop show which was on the roof of a tall building which was really fun. Finally, we attended a showcase by BMI artists such as Toby Mac, Brandon Heath, Chris Tomlin, Mercy Me, and more.

Tomorrow the REALLY crazy schedule starts. We have about 8 interviews over the next 2 days. On top of that, there are a number of sessions I will be attending, and I'll be calling in for some live reports (make sure to listen!!). And concerts. There are usually about 4 venues all hosting concerts each night all over downtown Nashville with the greats in Christian music. It can be hard to pick which ones to attend. Such a hard life...

Thats it for now, but check back and I'll try to get some more pictures and updates posted for you. We appreciate all your prayer support as we gather all kinds of great audio to bring back to you!

No comments: