Monday, March 3, 2008

The BIG studio fight!

As many of you may already know, on Friday I invited Mike Martinez of the Independant Yakzir Maka Federation ( a faith-based martial art) to talk with me in the studio. We had a great tiem, and the interview went well. What you DIDN'T hear though, came after we turned off the mics. Just to test my skill, I thought I'd surprise Mike and attack him. It started well, as you can see here-
















However, let me assure you that it is NEVER wise to attack an experienced martial artist with multiple black belts. I soon learned this lesson the hard way. He came back at me before I even knew what was happening-

















And finally, Mike ended the squbble as quickly as it had begun with a Judo-throw right onto the studio sound board-

At this point, I figured Mike had had enough, so I let him go.....
If you want some more information on Yakzir-Maka, please check out the website. Its right here in Bakersfield, its Christ-centered, and its completely free! http://ymfederation.googlepages.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt tends to put his whole self into the things he does, but at times it does get messy. Taking on a Martial arts expert in an expensive production studio takes...Ah...ah...an ability to look outside the box.
I am just glad it is no longer in our house! Just kidding. I hope KAXL listeners enjoy Matt's humor and "hands on" approach to life and Faith as much as we do.
I don't know where he gets that from!
Love that you "take on" your job with a passion and don't let things "throw" you!
Love
DAD